Wednesday 30 January 2013

It's so vast!





Where I live in Wells there are buildings on all sides but I enjoy writing at my desk and seeing people walking, scurrying, chatting...  I am not someone who writes in an isolated attic, quite often I will write in cafe's or in parks.

However when I am in a large open space or have views of mountains across meadows and farms, I can feel my writing expanding in a quite different way.  This glorious sunset moved me beyond words and into wonder...  The wonder is something physical and felt with my whole body.

Only later can it become words and phrases and then stories: stories that are journeys into landscapes and characters.  The vast experienced becomes encapsulated and then manageable, and feeds into the process of creativity.

Sometimes it 'works' and at other times it has to be re-shaped, damped down like drying out clay, and shaped once again.

The story is indeed never ending. 

No comments:

Post a Comment